Saturday, June 30, 2012

Some Gouache Color and Design Projects
I am not the biggest fan of gouache but as long as you stay organized its pretty simple to get a stylized look.  I would be very interested in learning how to use it a bit more painterly.


This is a portrait of my girlfriend.  It is done with a complimentary color palette with a couple
B&W transparent circles that are done in the same tone as the color, so if you squint 
your eyes they will disappear.


 This is my American Tattoo Mandala done in an extended split complimentary palette


 Detail of birds and flowers.  All of the outlining is also done in gouache.


 This is a detail of the Sailor Jerry center of my Mandala


 This is a landscape of Joshua Tree CA.  


 SOLD 
This is a commissioned piece i did for a friend while she was living in Aptos CA.


 This is a warm light, cool light study of a toy for class.
(left) cool light   (right) warm light

No comments:

Post a Comment