Sunday, July 1, 2012

Watercolor
Watercolor is the newest medium I've picked up and and i really enjoy it.  Watercolor involves a lot of planning as well as knowledge about how each pigment works.  I never knew that some pigments create different textures.  I tend to layer my paintings with very thin washes, building them up to a textured finished look.


SOLD
Marilyn Monroe painting done with a travel kit and water brushes


 In class study of bottle done in one pass, not my usual style but i like it.


 another in class study of clear glass bottle, really happy with this one.


 cup study, again in class.


 1of 3 color studies for turtle faceted shapes illustration


 2 of 3 color study


 3 of 3


 Tarsier monkey WIP in watercolor and some colored pencil to add fur texture


 Ink & Watercolor stormtrooper taking a smoke break


 really old character the I drew in my sketchbook, then decided to paint


 Ink & watercolor quick sketch on illustration board


 Tarsier Owl creature creation.  Ink, watercolor, and colored pencil


 Pig illustration based on 5 words: Pig, Mask, Clock, Stick, and Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment