Friday, January 25, 2013

Some new Ink Illustrations and Characters

I've had some spare time during my days on break so I've been practicing a new style and coming up with new characters and also experimenting with patterns.


a lumberjack with a branch ax and plaid shirt


big tough guy with tribal tattoos and a cool beard


my version of the mad hatter with his tea table strapped to him


a small gouache character painting with a frame i made to look like wood with some gel
matte medium and some paint


a little fisherman before his trip to the lake with a sheep skin jacket and tweed hat


my version of Captain Nemo with pattern shawl and sea horse sword


a small gouache character painting


a little tribal pygmy hanging on a tree


a Christmas time illustration with some knitted patterns


this guy does dry cleaning down the street from my work


i saw this guy in a starbucks and thought he looked like a fixie rider so i drew him with one 


i was watching True Grit so i thought i'd do a cowboy character


even the toughest cowboys need coffee



i did this drawing from a model on my last day of clothed figure drawing class and finished the watercolor and ink portion of it later

No comments:

Post a Comment